The YMCA needs your help. We're not a gym. We're not a recreation facility. We are a charitable organization. As a nonprofit, we rely on the generosity of people like you to support our programs and services. Everything the Y does is in service of making us--as individuals and a community--better. Together, we can achieve so much more. Please consider making a gift to the Y.
WHAT WE DID TOGETHER IN 2016
- More than 23,000 healthy meals were served to youth in our community, giving children in need vital nutrients that are necessary for better physical and mental health.
- 2,929 life saving swim lessons were given, teaching children invaluable safety and swimming skills so they can be confident in and around water.
- More than 4,400 Lynchburg-area families, seniors and youth benefited from YMCA of Central Virginia memberships through our Membership for All program.
- More than 2,600 young athletes learned teamwork, sportsmanship and healthy habits through organized Youth Sports.
- Over 3,000 Lynchburg-area families were given the resources to be active together in our free KidzGym interactive family and kids gym.
- 1,464 elementary school students were provided with a safe space to go through the Y Before and After School Program providing families peace of mind so that they can work without worry.
- 2 out of every 5 kids in YMCA Camps benefited from financial assistance funds, providing enriching activities during summer and school holidays.
- More than 150 youth from underserved neighborhoods participated in over 26,000 hours of Summer Learning Loss Prevention, boosting their literacy skills and giving them the experiential learning they don't always get.
100% of your donation impacts your local community.